The SIFER card reader is a Smart Card reader designed and manufactured by Inner Range. It is a multi-drop RS-485 based reader that employs 128 bit AES encryption from the card through to the door module, providing a far superior level of security than that of traditional Wiegand based card readers. SIFER readers utilise the Mifare DESfire EV1 card format.
As SIFER readers utilise a superset of the OSDP protocol, the readers may also be deployed on any system capable of using OSDP. SIFER readers are connected to the RS-485 reader port for full Reader-In and Reader-Out operation of various Inner Range products as below.
• Integriti Access Controller (IAC) - Up to 16 Readers
• Integriti Intelligent LAN Access Module (ILAM) - Up to 16 Readers
• Integriti Standard LAN Access Module (SLAM) - Up to 4 Readers
SIFER readers are IP 67 rated and available with site-specific encryption keys.
Three card ordering options are available:
1. SIFER-P: Pre-programmed ‘stock’ cards with card number printed. The most cost-effective option but card customisation is not allowed. With more than four billion card numbers available each SIFER-P card is guaranteed to be unique.
2. SIFER-U: User Programmable cards that allow an installer to customise the card number, site code and use their own encryption key. Printed with factory card number.
3. SIFER-C: Custom batch orders configured by the factory according to the specified card number range, site code, encryption key and printing options. Cards cannot be re-programmed at a later stage by the installer or the factory.
This category is empty! Please try another category or use our search function to find what you are looking for. If you require further assistance please contact us.