Author: iCam Security
Hik-connect Setup Guide
Hik-Connect is a new service introduced by Hikvision which integrates the dynamic domain name service (HiDDNS) along with alarm push notification service. It’s an easier, more secure way for devices to connect to the Internet whilst reducing the devices online digital security footprint and keeping you safer from would-be hackers.
Hik-Connect’s P2P functionality allows your NVR (Recorder) or Camera to connect to the Hik-Connect service for alarm push notification and Live View. The new Hik-connect apps available on both the Smart Phone stores, work with Hikvision all Hikvision products that support Cloud P2P function. It allows you to Live View your CCTV footage remotely without the need to setup port forwarding rules on your modem/router.
All you need to do is create an account and add your devices into it, then you can enjoy the real-time CCTV footage from anywhere in the world. It also allows you to play back recorded video via the “bandwidth friendly” substeam! When motion is detected by your cameras, you can get an instant message notification (or emails if you prefer) from the Hik-connect app.
Hik-Connect Set up Guide
This guide is to show users how to add Hik-Connect service, but if you need further support simply contact us or leave a message using the link from any of our pages.
If you have other devices on your network that utilises ports 80, 554 or 8000, Hikvision recommends that you enable the UPnP function on both your router and device, or configure Port Forwarding manually in your router.
You still can use Hik-Connect service even if you don’t enable UPnP or configure ports forwarding manually; however, you cannot use Hik-Connect domain name service.
Please be aware that the images used in our setup guide may not be the same as yours as the software or firmware is updated over time. However, the information and settings required to setup Hik-Connect services are very similar across all supported products.
Register your FREE Hik-Connect account
Just visit the Hik-Connect web portal and register.
Adding devices into Hik-Connect account
Users can enable Hik-Connect function via Hik-Connect app, iVMS-4500 app or iVMS-4200 Client Software for Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Add devices via Hik-Connect APP
- Run Hik-Connect app from your mobile
- Add the device by scanning device QR code or inputting device serial number manually
- Once device is found, select or click ‘Add’ to continue
- Input device verification code to finish
- Go back to Hik-Connect and add devices accordingly
How to find the device verification code?
If you cannot find your verification code simply check the code on the label printed on the Network Video Recorder or IP Camera.
The verification code can also be found by logging into your device via the IE/Safari web browser or directly from a monitor connected to your NVR (recorder).
Method 2: Add devices via Hik-Connect web portal
- Type www.hik-connect.com into your IE/Safari web browser address bar
- Register and account and setup your password
- Login with your account user name and password
- Go to Device Management and click Add to add a device
- Input your device Serial number when prompted then click Search
- When a connection is made to the device a popup will show the model and S/N. If this is the desired device, click ‘+’ to continue
- You should get ‘Device configured correctly’ pop-up
- Double click on the IP address and Port No. of the connected device, then a new window opens showing the login screen for the device. Enter the user name and password to login into the device
- Open up or log back into to your mobile Hik-Connect application and ensure your devices are listed and synced up.
If you are not able to connect your cameras to Hik-Connect, you may have acquired Grey Market camera’s running older firmware version. Updating these Grey Market sourced equipment can be problematic as they tend to revert to their original Chinese language if defaulted or upgraded form the official firmware update sites. We advise users to buy authentic Australian cameras and equipment from authorised sellers to minimise this risk.