Why Should You Get a CCTV System?
Author: iCam Security Date Posted:5 January 2016
If you already have a security system in your home or workplace, you may not think you need security cameras as well. Unfortunately, even with a security system, intruders can still attempt to break into your home or workplace. Also, security cameras have a number of other benefits you might not have considered.
Act as a Deterrent
Simply having visible cameras around your house can often be enough to make a burglar reconsider targeting your home. Some people even install dummy cameras around their house as a way to discourage criminals.
Evidence for Police
While security cameras can be enough to deter most criminals, it might not be enough. This is where captured footage can be used to identify criminals, as well as help you press charges and make them stick.
Peace of Mind
No one likes being woken up by a suspicious noise in the middle of the night. If you have security cameras installed, you can check to see what's happening without having to leave the comfort of your own bed.
Keep Watch on your Family
Security cameras can have a number of benefits even when you’re at home.
- Keep an eye on your children to make sure they aren’t misbehaving.
- Use your security cameras as a video baby monitor.
- Care for an elderly family member by setting up cameras in the areas around their living space.
- See who’s at the front door of your house before you go to answer the door.
Check on Things While you're Away
Having security cameras can also help you keep a watchful eye on your house and family while you're out.
- Check up on your pets while you’re out.
- Know when your children get home from school.
- Check on your house when the alarm goes off to determine if it’s a false alarm or something serious.
- Keep an eye on your babysitter or nanny while you’re out.
- Check on builders, maintenance crews or anyone working at your home.
It’s not unusual to spend thousands of dollars on home and contents insurance. Why not spend a fraction of that price for a little extra security for your assets at home and workplace. If you’re thinking about getting a CCTV system, why not give us a call or have a look at our line of security products.